In memory and remembering

I guess it is really true that unless you have lost a loved one you really are not aware of what others feel like. Even then I would suggest we not say, " I know how you feel." Because you probably don't really. Their feelings are unknown to you. You may have some empathy because you have gone through a similiar experience.

It certainly brings home the shortness of life. It brings home a lot of things really. It puts you in a fog and cloudy day. The sun does not seem to be shining even though it may be there physically.

I am not sure how the loved one would want us to react, but I do not think they would want us to be moping around all, " woe is me." That is for sure. So it is good to take those good memories and sayings of the one we have lost and put them out there to ponder.

I am trying to do that, slowly.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true about grief being different for each one who endures loss, and it may even depend upon the relationship with one that was lost and the time of life when the loss occurs. I didn't feel the same way when I lost my mother as I did when I lost my father, and neither of those losses can begin compare to the loss of my son two years ago. It is wise not to push yourself to "get over it" as is often expected. Separation by death is not what God originally intended for His beloved people. We can get through it by His grace, and we should even learn to be thankful for the time we had with our loved one, but "getting over it" is not always possible.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Balancing our Romans 5 Justification with holiness in the life Romans 6

Walk worthily Philippians 1:27

The Vine and the Branches John 15