Godliness

Psalm 101 Misericordiam et judicium

My song shall be of mercy and judgement; unto thee, O
Lord, will I sing. O let me have understanding in the way of
godliness! When wilt thou come unto me? I will walk in my
house with a perfect heart. I will take no wicked thing in
hand.
I hate the sins of unfaithfulness; there shall no such cleave
unto me. A froward heart shall depart from me; I will not
know a wicked person. Whoso privily slandereth his neighbour,
him will I destroy. Whoso hath also a proud look and
high stomach, I will not suffer him.
Mine eyes look upon such as are faithful in the land, that
they may dwell with me. Whoso leadeth a godly life, he shall
be my servant. There shall no deceitful person dwell in my
house; he that telleth lies shall not tarry in my sight. I shall
soon destroy all the ungodly that are in the land, that I may
root out all wicked doers from the city of the Lord.



Godliness is a difficult thing sometimes. We may have the desire to be godly and do what God requires but something tests us. A cross look, an unhappy stare, an unforgiving spirit or a word uttered in stupidity....you know what I mean I am sure!

Be encouraged to keep plugging away on a daily basis. Our temptations and tests are many, but God is greater than any of them . We just have to take the power that is ours already in Christ and walk in His path each day. It is a daily struggle this thing of godliness and being God's servant to a world that really is on its own glide path.

Serving God is not easy in our culture but the rewards are worth it now and in the life to come. Blessings on your day. David McMillan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balancing our Romans 5 Justification with holiness in the life Romans 6

Walk worthily Philippians 1:27

The Vine and the Branches John 15