Trouble


Time of Trouble---then what happens?

 

Daniel 12:1-3;  Mark 13:1-8;  Hebrews 10:11-14, (15-18), 19-25

 

    Let me remind us of something you know.  Trouble is here.  Here it is in practical terms of everyday life that I got in an e mail the other day:

I Believe...
That just because two people argue,

It doesn't mean they don't love each other.
And just because they don't argue,
It doesn't mean they do love each other.

I Believe....
That no matter how good a friend is,
they're going to hurt you,
every once in a while
and you must forgive them for that.

I Believe....
That it's taking me a long time
To become the person I want to be.

I Believe....
That heroes are the people
who do what has to be done
when it needs to be done,

regardless of the consequences.

Daniel says, “ there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was ..” 12:1b  Mark tells us this too:”  “ For nation shall rise against nation, …..and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows.” 13:8 ST Augustine said, “ not merely wars between nations but also the final conflict between the kingdom of Christ and Satan will be resolved in the end.” This is part A.  And we do not need to be reminded of what our troubles are.  As the old spiritual says, “ Nobody knows the troubles I’ve seen, Nobody knows but Jesus ”, that Louis Armstrong played :

 

“Nobody knows the trouble I've seen

Nobody knows my sorrow

Nobody knows the trouble I've seen

Glory hallelujah!

Sometimes I'm up, sometimes I'm down

Oh, yes, Lord

Sometimes I'm almost to the ground

Oh, yes, Lord

Although you see me going 'long so

Oh, yes, Lord

I have my trials here below

Oh, yes, Lord

If you get there before I do

Oh, yes, Lord

Tell all-a my friends I'm coming to HEAVEN!

Oh, yes, Lord”

 

 

Yes, there is trouble but the second part B is that Mark tells us “ Be ye not troubled” 13:7 Daniel says “ there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation …and at that time thy people shall be delivered “  There is a good reason to have hope from Daniel.  He goes on to say “ thy people shall be delivered , every one that shall be found written in the book.”  12:1

 

In the Book of Hebrews we have hope “through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.” 10:10   “ For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.” 10:14  And today , we have “ boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus by a new and living way which he hath consecrated for us.” 10:19

 

I always remember what Jesus said, “ If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you.” John 14:20  “ These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.” 16:33

 

A Prayer for Guidance:

  Direct us, O Lord, in all our doings with thy most gracious favor, further us with thy continual help; that in all our works begun, continued, and ended in thee, we may glorify thy holy Name, and finally by thy mercy, obtain everlasting life; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.” BCP, page 832.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balancing our Romans 5 Justification with holiness in the life Romans 6

Walk worthily Philippians 1:27

The Vine and the Branches John 15