Homegoing of Jacob Coleman Psalm 121

 "How many timid, anxious hearts has this sweet outpouring of quiet trust braced and lifted to its own serene height of conscious safety! This psalmist is so absorbed in the thought of his Keeper that he barely names his dangers. With happy assurance of protection, he says over and over again the one word which is his (protection) against foes and fears. Six times in these few verses does the thought recur that LORD is the Keeper of Israel and the single soul ( Jacob). The quietness that comes of confidence is the singer’s strength. Whether he is an exile, looking across the plains of Mesopotamia towards the blue hills. which the eye cannot discern, or a pilgrim catching the first sight of the mountain on which the LORD  sits enshrined"  Bible Hub commentary, " Expositor's Bible"

He may have an exile in Bablyon and he looks to the hills around Jersualem " As the mountains are round about Jerusalem, so the LORD is round about His people from henceforth even for ever." 125:2

As we visited on last Friday at the home in Loango, this vs kept going through my head when we prayed as I left, " vs 8- The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore."

Preserve same as keep and protect , watch-used 6 times in this Psalm.

My foot slips & God catches me.  How many dangers have we overcome...and He has led me home---our days are numbered as the very hairs of our head too.

Amazing Grace.  I have to quote the whole thing.

Amazing Grace! How sweet the sound

That saved a wretch like me!

I once was lost, but now am found

Was blind, but now I see.


'Twas Grace that taught my heart to fear,

And Grace my fears relieved.

How precious did that Grace appear

The hour I first believed.


Through many dangers, toils, and snares

I have already come.

'Tis Grace hath brought me safe thus far

And Grace will lead me home.


The Lord has promised good to me.

His Word my hope secures.

He will my shield and portion be

As long as life endures.


When we've been there ten thousand years

Bright shining as the sun,

We've no less days to sing God's praise

Than when we'd first begun. My times are in Your Hands.  We say that often but do not realize what we are saying.  We are trying to make sense of the time we have.  How can we do it?  Realize that we have a Keeper and Protector.  He will keep us and bring us home as He has done with Jacob since Friday and all of his illness and times of going out and coming in.

" And the in -between"  

"Your soul"  He shall watch.  The word is that which breathes, the breathing substance or being = ψυχή, anima, the soul, the inner being of man---our emotions, our steps are always ordered by God as we are His children by faith in Jesus Christ His Son our Lord.

Our goings out and our goings are all watched by God.  He does not slumber or sleep. Today we entrust Jacob into God's loving Hands and never- failing care because God is doing for him better things than we can desire or pray for.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balancing our Romans 5 Justification with holiness in the life Romans 6

Walk worthily Philippians 1:27

The Vine and the Branches John 15