Water, The Wine and the Whys

You know I like to ask questions . It seems there are a lot of those in the Bible. This Sunday we will consider the miracle of the water being turned into wine by Jesus. This was the first of his signs which point to His God head.

What does this story have to do with our world?

We live in a world of water that is often not turned into wine. The disasters in our world, earthquakes ....etc... We live by faith now. That is where the wine comes in . Most of us live more in the water, the now instead of the future of God's promised blessings. The Serenity Prayer may be a good one for a lot of us , because our prayers do not seem to be answered ( at least in the way we request)
" God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. Living one day at a time, enjoying one moment at a time accepting hardship as the pathway to peace; taking as Jesus did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; trusting that You, God , make all things right if I surrender to your will; So that I may be reasonably happy in this life; and supremely happy with You forever in the next. Amen."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balancing our Romans 5 Justification with holiness in the life Romans 6

Walk worthily Philippians 1:27

The Vine and the Branches John 15