Morning Message

When I was in college at the US Merchant Marine Academy in New York ( Kings Point) I had the wonderful blessing of being able to travel down to Philadelphia once a month to see my grandfather . While I visited him I was also able to attend his church in Philadelphia, Chambers -Wylie Memorial Presbyterian Church ( across from the Academy of Music).

I roamed his manse and found a delightful book called, The Morning Message which are a short series of thoughts for each day from the Scriptures from his father, G. Campbell Morgan.

Here is today's- " He will not grow faint or be discouraged." Isaiah 42:4

Here is the thought , " Every worker with God is conscious of the presence of evil in the world. Let that consciousness always be held in connection with the glorious fact that over all, Christ is absolute Master. The Church is not fighting a conflict, the issue of which is uncertain. The victory has been won, and therefore it must be won."

You can apply that one to your own life. I already have. We can be discouraged when we see the conflict we go through now . I like the fact that the victory has been won, and therefore we are about the Lord's business because " it must won." David McMillan+

Have a great day and week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balancing our Romans 5 Justification with holiness in the life Romans 6

Walk worthily Philippians 1:27

The Vine and the Branches John 15