Three Words to Encourage us in our Faith

John 14:15-21 "Three Words---Helper, Not Orphans, Manifest Myself"

( rough notes....but the essentials of the faith in Three Words for those who know Him as the Way, the Truth and the Life)

A Helper to get through the trials and difficulties of life. Here Jesus talks about the Holy Spirit as the paraklete. John refers to Jesus Himself using the same Greek word in I John 2:1, " an advocate ( paraklete) with the Father, Jesus Christ the Righteous..." In the KJV, Comforter in John 14:16.
from " Bible Hub.com" HELPS Word-studies
" paráklētos (from /pará, "from close-beside" and 2564 /kaléō, "make a call") – properly, a legal advocate who makes the right judgment-call because close enough to the situation. 3875 /paráklētos ("advocate, advisor-helper") is the regular term in NT times of an attorney (lawyer) – i.e. someone giving evidence that stands up in court. "
Jesus prays that the Helper, Advocate will remain with us forever. What a comforting thought.
17b- the Comforter shall be in you and abide with you forever

2. Not orphans- kjv " I will not leave you comfortless" 15:18
The orig says " not I will leave you as orphans...I come to you ( pres. middle passive verb)
Not as orphans are we left. We have a spiritual family where God the Father is head and the Son and the Spirit help us .

3. 15:21 " I will love him and manifest myself to him." To who? " He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him."Strong's Concordance
emphanizó: to exhibit, appear (in person), to declare
Original Word: ἐμφανίζω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: emphanizó
Phonetic Spelling: (em-fan-id'-zo)
Short Definition: I make visible, report against, appear before
Definition: I make visible (manifest); hence: I report (inform) against; pass: I appear before. " biblehub.com
Manifest is the word..."
"I will show myself to him, and be known by him, as if he saw me with his eyes: but this showing of himself is not bodily, but spiritual, yet so plain that no other showing could be more evident." Geneva Study Bible

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balancing our Romans 5 Justification with holiness in the life Romans 6

Walk worthily Philippians 1:27

The Vine and the Branches John 15