An Interesting Life

Perhaps I should take some time to write about my travels and time in this life. I think I have had an interesting life. Who would have ever thought I would retire as an Army Chaplain after 20 years leaving a small rural parish in North Dakota?

---I could not know that. I traveled too when I grew up since I was an Army "brat." That made me hope to not travel when I got older. But somehow I fell back into the Army through the National Guard and active duty. I do miss talking to people from all over the world in our Army. I had some great experiences. And many more to come!

---I never thought I would end up back in the Presbyterian Church. I was quite happy to stay in the Reformed Episcopal one at least in the chaplaincy. Unfortunately the REC has changed and become what we never thought it would be----a high church with much of the same problems as the Episcopal Church. The Presbyterians have stayed pretty much the same although they have forgotten good worship and become a bit more like the contemporary services ( air).

---I went to Panama, Korea (south), Puerto Rico, Iraq, and spent time with Soldiers at several posts in the USA. Wow. What a short time it seems really. I wish sometimes I could have appreciated it more when I was there!

---So now , what does a Presbyterian Church in America , PCA have as a role in a small southern town where it has lost over 3000 people in town in 30 years? The remnant that are left are still here. Some of the newer members are trickling in . What should our role be in a small town? We do have a role that is for sure. Our worship, theology and service to others is important.

---As I sit here I hope I can play a small role in seeing lives impacted with the truth of the Gospel and the witness of the Church.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balancing our Romans 5 Justification with holiness in the life Romans 6

Walk worthily Philippians 1:27

The Vine and the Branches John 15