Last Sunday of the Church Year

Last of the Church Year- Sunday Next before Advent

What comes to mind when we say " Christ the King" ? Of course that He reigns in heaven & the world we live in is not just a hodgpodge of occurences. Revelation for today says, " Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, & the ruler of the kings on earth." " ( He is ) Alpha and Omega, who is , who was, and is to come...." Not only is He a king but He has made us " a kingdom, priests to His God and Father.." ( Because "He loves us and has freed us from our sins by His blood.) The hymns and canticles we have help us to understand and remember this"

" Rejoice, the LORD is king!" written by Charles Wesley and the vs in 1746 " Hymns for our Lord's Resurrection" first line,
Rejoice--the Lord is King! Your Lord and King adore! Rejoice, give thanks, and sing and triumph evermore! Lift up your heart, lift up your voice! Rejoice, again I say, rejoice!"

Another is the Venite which is sung in Morning Prayer every day, " O Come let us sing unto the LORD ; let us heartily rejoice in the strength of our salvation. Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving; and show ourselves glad in Him with psalms. For the LORD is a great God; and a great King above all gods.." ( And in Advent the Invitatory Antiphon for Advent comes next week in MP--"Our King draweth nigh; O come, let us adore Him...")

In Advent we sing no. 11, 1940 Hymnal " The King shall come when morning dawns And light triumphant breaks; When beauty gilds the eastern hills And life to joy awakens." ( this hymn is from Russia )

" Jesus shall reign where'er the sun doth His successive journeys run; His kingdom stretch from shore to shore, Till moons shall wax and wane no more." no. 542 in 1940 hymnal by Isaac Watts , 1719 , a hymn based on Psalm 72, considered one of the finest missionary hymns ever written . In the South Sea Islands in 1862, 5000 people sang this hymn as the king abolished their native laws and established a Christian constitution. Amazing Grace- 366 Inspiring Hymn Stories for Daily Devotions by Osbeck.

Another by Isaac Watts is ,"
Joy to the world, the Lord is come!
Let earth receive her King;
Let every heart prepare Him room,
And Heaven and nature sing, ..." It was originally titled, " The Messiah's Coming and Kingdom" when it first appeared in Watts' hymnal of 1719.

We end the Church Year on the note on which we began ---the birth of the King in the manger----Jesus' war was not against people or against a country, but against sin, death, and the power of the Devil. By his death, resurrection, and ascension, Jesus won the war against sin and the power of death .

Someone said, "I will always remember the first Mass I attended on campus when I was in Architecture school. An enthusiastic young priest celebrated the Mass on the Feast of Christ the King! ( from equippingcatholicfamilies.com)
He told us that Jesus is the King…and WE are King’s Kids. We have dignity and identity in Him!"
We are royalty…
and Jesus the King wants to keep us close as we are His and He is ours in His kingdom! "

Lastly I remember singing the Te Deum Laudamus , " We Praise Thee O God" in Morning Prayer. " We praise thee , O God; we acknowledge thee to be the Lord. All the earth doth worship thee, the Father everlasting...
Thou art the King of glory, O Christ. Thou art the everlasting Son of the Father..."

Comments

  1. Hello everyone i am charlotte cora by name.I was diagnosed with HERPES for close to a year and 4 years my friend Cindy introduced me to Dr Abaka that i can be cured by him which I never believed because I have spend so much money on different doctors. She advised that i give it a try because he cured her of Cancer with natural herbs. So I mailed him and complain to him about my illness, he said to me I am in the right place. Today i am the most happy person on Earth all thanks to Dr Abaka, he cured me with his herbal medicine. All i did was to order for the herbs which he sent through courier delivery services and he instructed me on how to apply it for a period of 2 weeks, before the completion of the 2nd week i was totally cured .I'm so happy thank you Dr Abaka. I share this because of the pain i passed through when i had it and i care about those passing through the same pain. He also said he has herbs for all kind of illness including HIV/AIDS, ASTHMA, CANCER, DIABETIC 1&2, BARRENNESS, IMPOTENCE, WOMB DAMAGE, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE and EPILEPSY, Email him now on drabakaspelltemple@gmail.com or call him on +2349063230051.Thank you doctor i will keep on telling the world about you because i am free of genital herpes forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the most wonderful thing i have ever experienced. I visited here online on the 17 june and i saw a marvelous testimony of Tracie Aldana from United States on the forum about the good works DR.omair I never believed it, because have never heard anything about such miracle before. No body would have been able to convince me about it not until DR.omair did a marvelous work for me that restored my relationship of 4 years by getting back my husband back i just as i read on the internet. Am carolina peter I was truly shocked when my husband knelt down pleading for forgiveness to accept him back. I am really short of words to use to show my appreciation to DR.omair For his a God sent to me and my entire family for divine restoration of my marriage. Contact him now for any kind of help via Email:indianspellcaster@yahoo.com OR WHATSAPP ON:: +18679887328

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Balancing our Romans 5 Justification with holiness in the life Romans 6

Walk worthily Philippians 1:27

The Vine and the Branches John 15